Monday, June 09, 2008

What the Hell: Nick Jago Leaves BRMC










Despite some conflicting reports, but it appears drummer Nick Jago has left/been asked to leave Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for a second time.

According to a post on Nick's blog:

I just had dinner with Rob and Pete and, well, I'm not in the band anymore. They are going into rehearsals tomorrow with Leah, she just finished touring with The Raveonettes and is super nice and cool. They presented it to me like they need a break, I took it as I am fired again and to be honest with you I respect their decision. I don't make it easy for them, I hope to be able to play with them again in the future as a reunion as there is really no bad feeling other than we all wanna be happy and right now we are not. Maybe playing drums for BRMC all the time is not my calling and there is something else I'm supposed to do. We will see. I’m sorry to all the fans and know that the drums are in good hands with Leah. Find her at http://www.myspace.com/deadcombosound

BRMC's Pete and Robert responded with a post on the band's Myspace page:


"To all of you who have read or heard about Nick's myspace posting, Peter and I would like to clarify a few things from our perspective.

It's true, Nick wont be joining us for the upcoming European tour, but it's not true that he is fired.

We just feel Nick needs time to sort out exactly what he wants right now.

His heart and all his energy and attention is on his own solo project and he needs to see that through.

We welcome his singing and songwriting in BRMC, but his focus, at least at the present time, is on doing his own thing and we wish him the best.

He is our brother, our musical partner, and we love him dearly and look forward to playing with him again in the future."


No comments: